Keeping safe using ICT
Wyre Forest School is committed to providing a framework to keep our pupils safe when they are using ICT in school or at home.
E-Safety is part of the National Curriculum and is taught in every class at an appropriate level to the learning there. We have broken the subject into four main concepts:
- Respect yourself, (looking after yourself)
- Protect yourself, (looking after yourself)
- Respect others, (looking after others)
- Protect others, (looking after others)
An extended version of our Acceptable Use Agreement can be found here
What to do if something goes wrong
Although the internet in school is moderated and filtered occasionally something gets through that is inappropriate, it important that our pupils know what to do.
- Place their iPad face down (turn off the screen if they are on a computer).
- Tell an adult straight away
- The adult should assess the incident and report it If the matter is serious then report it to CEOP (the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre)
- https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/ you can use the button below to do this.
- If you feel that School would be best placed to deal with the matter then please call and ask to talk to one of our safeguarding team.
Below are some handy information sheets that have been provided by CEOP, please feel free to download them for more advice. There is also advice in keeping your child safe online listed in the useful Links section of the website.