Every half term Mrs Garratt meets with parents for a ‘coffee and chat’. In addition to this we are developing a ‘Parent Council’. Each class will have a parent representative who will meet with SLT to discuss any concerns or issues.
Terms of Reference
The objective of the Wyre Forest School Parent Forum is to facilitate positive and effective two way communication between parents and the school, providing a channel for communication, feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- promote the partnership between school staff, its pupils and its parents/carers
- develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils
- identify and represent the views of the parents on matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils
Specific feedback and suggestions for improvement of:
- School policies
Out of Scope
Items relating to specific pupils, specific parents or individual school staff which should be discussed one to one with the relevant teacher, Deputy Headteacher or Headteacher as appropriate.
Key Responsibilities of Parent Forum Members
To seek feedback and suggestions from as many parents as possible from their respective year group and to relay the outcomes from the Parent Forum as appropriate.
- To attend Parent Forum meetings representing the views of all parents in their respective year group.
- To work closely with parallel members to ensure coverage of all parents in that year group.
To attend one meeting each term:
- At least one of the Senior Management Team (Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher).
- One parent per class to be nominated as below.
Relevant parents nominate themselves as a potential Parent Forum Member and the parent with the most votes in each class will be appointed. Membership is for one school year. A parent can represent only one year group.
Meetings will be held termly:
It is the responsibility of the chairperson to ensure that:
- meetings are scheduled and times and venues communicated
- minutes are posted to the school website for all parents to view with copies available from the school office upon request
- meetings run to time and active participation is sought from all representatives