Acceptable Use Agreement
Wyre Forest School ICT Use Agreement
If you use the Wyre Forest School network you are agreeing to keep to this agreement. If you choose not to keep to this agreement then you may lose your computer accounts.
This agreement applies to all technology in School e.g. school desktop computers, camera equipment, mobile devices including iPad and Android.
As a responsible member of the Digital Community at Wyre Forest you must:
- Respect yourself
- Protect yourself
- Respect others
- Protect others
Respect yourself (looking after yourself)
I will show respect for myself by my actions. I will select online names that are appropriate, I will think about the information and images that I post online. I will think about what personal information about my life, experiences, experimentation or relationships I post. I will not be obscene.
Protect yourself (looking after yourself)
I will ensure that the information, images and materials I post online will not put me at risk. I will not publish my personal details, contact details or a schedule of my activities. I will report any attacks or inappropriate behaviour directed at me. I will protect passwords, accounts and resources by keeping my passwords private.
Respect others (looking after others)
I will show respect to others. I will not use any electronic mediums to bully, harass or stalk other people. I will show respect for other people in my choice of websites, I will not visit sites that are degrading, pornographic, racist or inappropriate. I will not abuse my rights of access and I will not enter other people's private spaces or areas.
Protect others (looking after others)
I will protect others by reporting abuse, not forwarding inappropriate materials or communications; and not visiting sites that are degrading, pornographic, racist or inappropriate. I will moderate unacceptable materials and conversations
Key expectations around the use of iPads
(and other tablets, mobile devices) are as follows:
- In appropriate classrooms the default is for the iPad to be on the desk.
- iPads should have an approved cover on at all times.
- Lessons and learning will not simply focus on iPads. This is about students setting choices for their own learning and deciding when it might be appropriate to use mobile technology.
The message is simple: “The teacher decides when the device can be used.”
- Take care when the iPad is transported to ensure that it is secure.
- Bring the iPad to school everyday.
- Do not allow the iPad to be subject to graffiti or any damage.
- Charge the iPad up every night so that the battery is ready for use in school.
- Pupils must agree not to:
- deliberately damage the device (this includes locking the device by putting in the wrong passcode);
- photograph any other person, without that persons’ consent;
- send or display offensive messages or pictures;
- use obscene language;
- harass, insult or attack others;
- damage the device;
- violate copyright laws;
- use other peoples’ passwords or trespass on their folders, work or files;
- store or leave the iPad unattended in vehicles.
- The iPad is subject to routine monitoring by Wyre Forest School. Devices must be surrendered immediately upon request by any member of staff.