Careers & Preparation for Adulthood
At Wyre Forest School our careers programme is tailored to meet the needs of learner groups and individuals from Year 7 onwards across all pathways. Our programme consists of learning, advice and experiences across:
- The World of Work
- Life Skills
- Transition into Adulthood
In December 2017, the DfE produced a Careers Strategy: Making the most of everyone’s skills and talents. The document lays out plans to raise the quality of careers provision nationally. It’s aims are:
- We want all young people to understand the full range of opportunities available to them, learn from employers about work and the skills that are valued in the workplace, and have first-hand experiences of the workplace.
- We want all young people in secondary school and college to get a programme of advice and guidance that is stable, structured, and delivered by individuals with the right skills and experience.
- We want everyone to get support tailored to their circumstances at any time. All adults will be able to access free face-to-face advice with more support for those it need it most.
- We want everyone to get the information they need to understand the job and career opportunities available, and how their knowledge and skills can help them in considering suitable careers.
The DfE Careers strategy names the Gatsby Benchmarks as the measure of excellence in careers provision.
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of work places
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal Guidance
At WFS we are committed to supporting the transition into adulthood of all our learners through fulfilling the aims of the DfE strategy alongside meeting the diverse needs of our young people.
Follow the link for full details of The Gatsby Benchmarks.
Wyre Forest School Careers Programme
Our full careers programme is detailed here: Wyre Forest School Careers Strategy and Action Plan.
Our careers team:
Rebekah Thompson - Careers Leader
Jake Hawkings - Careers and Transitions Advisor - email@example.com
Please follow the link to contact us if you have any enquiries.
Careers and Transition Advice
Our Careers and Transitions Advisor (CTA), Jake Hawkings, provides impartial careers and transition support to students and their parents.
The Blossom Tree Café
We are proud to offer our KS5 students the fabulous opportunity to work in our award-winning café. The Blossom Tree Café serves the local community in Springfield Park for three sessions per week. Our students develop and apply many skills in a practical, real-life situation. These include money handling, time-keeping, health and safety, work skills, communication and social skills, to name but a few.
For more information, please click on the links below: