The PE and Sport Grant Funding
What does Sport Premium mean?
In 2014, the government announced that it would provide £150 million for school sport funding. This is in addition to the £300 million already pledged, to enable children to become physically literate and promote a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport long after they have left school.
What does this mean for Wyre Forest School?
This funding equates to £16,840 being received for 2017-2018, to raise knowledge and progress of our pupils to enable them to become physically literate.
What is this funding spent on?
The funding is spent on promoting lifelong involvement in physical activity through high quality provision of PE and sport, but school have the freedom to decide where they prioritise the distribution of this funding. For example, funding could be spent on:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified coaches to work ALONGSIDE primary teachers.
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs.
- Bespoked training programmes for primary staff to develop delivery of high quality PE.
- Introduce new sports or activities to encourage more pupils to participate.
- Run sports competitions.
- Increase pupils’ participation in School Games.
Please follow the link below to see how Wyre Forest School spent the PE Grant.